Case Studies – Military
If you run a Military Museum or have a collection of archives relating to the Military (from photographs to war diaries to regimental journals) then we can help digitise them and make them searchable.
Find out how we have helped military museums digitise their regimental records and puclications read a case study below.
Digitisation For Military Museums and Archives
Please take a moment to answer these questions….
- Does your military organisation hold a unique army collection?
- Perhaps your archive includes a photographic collection, a set of accession registers, war diaries, battlefield maps, regimental journals or other interesting items?
- Are these items popular and therefore deteriorating due to public usage?
- Is accessibility limited due to there being a single copy or the fact that they are on microfilm/microfiche?
- Would your organisation be interested in generating potential new revenue? Placing this valuable archive online and allowing members of the public to download files or order prints generating completely new and untapped revenue.
Our specialist flat-bed, overhead equipment is non-contact which means that we have the ability to digitise:
- Very old, fragile and deteriorating items
- Bound items (without removing the spine)
- Very small (postage stamp size) to very large items (3mx2m)
- Fiche, film, 35mm slides, glass plates, cine-film & vhs film
We can offer this scanning service on site at your premises. Alternatively we can scan items offsite and offer a personal collection and return service of your precious items.
Read more about our Digitisation service
Transcription, Metadata & OCR
We can transcribe the contents of your archive and add appropriate metadata. If your items are text based then we can OCR them and make them fully text searchable too.
Collections Management System
Our collections management system is called PastView and is hosted online – meaning any of your staff from any location can access it via the Internet. The advanced Collections Management System will allow you to maintain your digital archive and it is unique in the fact that it will also allow you control and maintain the digital archive that the public can see online.
Read more about our PastView Collection Management System.
Our web development team will create a website where members of the public can view your digital archive. It will be hosted on our servers but will sit neatly and transparently within the Library’s own website.
If you are interested in generating revenue from your archive then we can install various ‘purchase’ options where members of the public can download images or request a print of an image.
Read more on our public facing digital archive websites.
Dealing With Orders and Earning Revenue
TownsWeb Archiving will take and deal wth customer orders placed via your website on your behalf. Furthermore, if a customer requests a photograph of an image we will print it, package it and despatch it directly to the customer on your behalf. Each quarter we will send you a report showing all of the orders that have been taken for the previous 3 months along with a breakdown of all transactions. We will then credit your account with any profit made.
Want To Know More?
You can also request a free quotation.