Careers with TownsWeb Archiving
TownsWeb Archiving is one of the UK’s top digital archiving companies specialising in the niche cultural heritage sector.
As a company we can boast such clients as Liverpool Football Club, Thomas Cook, Cadbury’s, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage, Royal Doulton and also many Military and Local Authority clients. The company is also well positioned to offer an exciting and new service to the UK public and has plans to launch a new and completely innovative web portal that it feels will be the biggest thing since eBay and YouTube!
A relatively young company, we have grown our customer base significantly over recent years through investment in new technology and an offering of innovative heritage services that is unrivalled. We are currently looking for people to fill the following openings:
Read on below to find out more about the role available and for details of how to apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES:
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to this.
You are an accomplished salesperson with a track record in Software as a Service (SaaS) or B2B Cloud Solutions within the private and public sector.
TownsWeb Archiving is a high demand technology business that is changing the way cultural heritage and corporate organisations manage, publish and share their digital collections, through their innovative, cloud-based digital collections platform: PastView. Taking digital-born and digitised records into our platform for our clients to manage, publish and share to their chosen audiences.
TownsWeb Archiving is expanding and therefore looking for an experienced “Online Access” Sales Executive to join the team.
As a company we boast clients such as Liverpool Football Club, Bank of England, BBC, Cadbury’s, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage & Royal Doulton. We have several solutions used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums, government organisations and local authorities.
We are looking for someone dynamic who can fit easily into our ethos. We are at a relatively early stage in terms of the promotion of our PastView platform and have ambitions to offer it to the market as the industry leading product in the UK within the next 3 years. We have ambitions to expand globally and aiming to have an established footprint within the USA within the next 4 years.
Your role as an “Online Access” Sales Executive will be engaging directly with potential clients for TownsWeb Archiving. You will understand how they buy, and their selection criteria. You will be equally capable of engaging with senior decision makers, end users and technical buyers. You will be a confident and articulate presenter, capable of writing authoritative and engaging customer communications and proposals, and able to negotiate and close contracts with prospective new customers.
You will report to the Business Development Manager and work closely with our solution architect and operation teams. You will be required to progress your contracts with our solution architect and operation teams to create specification of works detailing customer requirements and ensuring a clear handover of work into our operation team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years of software sales experience
- Experience in fast-growth & potentially VC-backed companies
- Knowledge of web-based technologies covering machine learning and virtual reality
- Knowledge and experience of SaaS and cloud-based services
- Knowledge of any of the following software markets:
- Digital asset/collections management (DAM)
- Document Management (DM) & Digital Conversion
- Media (Image/Audio/Film) Archives
- Knowledge and experience of public and private sector sales cycle
- Knowledge and experience of sales at senior, end user and technical level
- Experienced sales performance history that can be confirmed through references and documentation
- Passionate about improving access to digitised and digital-born records
- Strong understanding of SaaS and cloud-based services
- Understanding of frontend website design, user engagement and experience
- Highly motivated and confident in sales processes for securing high-profile businesses
- Very strong written communication skills, able to create informative presentations, and other materials for a variety of audiences
- Very strong verbal communication skills, including telephone, remote meetings, face-to-face meetings, presentations, workshops, networking and webinars
- Preparation of accurate sales documentation for prospects and existing customers, including, quotations, proposals, tenders, specifications of works and project plans
- Well organised, good time management of own calendar and working thoroughly with an internal CRM system (HubSpot)
- Able to work independently and within a team as well as other departments across the company
- Active prospecting through multiple channels including telephone, email, networking, events, social media, forums and market research
- Dealing with inbound leads generated by our Marketing Team utilising our HubSpot CRM System
- Develop strong relationships with potential and existing customers
- Conduct remote demonstrations and presentations of our solutions
- Manage your own pipeline from qualification to closed
- Managing complex sales process with senior, procurement, end user, and technical buyers within an organisation (3-9 month sales cycle)
- Negotiate and close long-term contracts within your pipeline
- UK-wide travel, and longer term may involve travelling to the USA and other overseas regions
- Working closely with partners including the ability to understand their solutions
- Maintain a high-level of industry and competitor knowledge
- Provide monthly reports, analysis and feedback to the Business Development Manager
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary plus generous commission structure
- Exposure and access to cutting-edge technology as well as the opportunity to work alongside like-minded technical enthusiasts
- Supported training and career development
- Long service benefits – additional annual leave
- In-office entertainment
- Corporate events
- Lunch on us once a month
- Free onsite parking
Very competitive base salary, plus commission
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Covering Letter in the first instance to our recruitment team at – [email protected]
Please expect to be asked for corroborating evidence of previous sales success as part of the interview/presentation process.
Want to use your experience of Laravel in a business environment to take your career to the next stage?
Want to investigate and incorporate machine learning and augmented reality in real-world cloud and web-applications?
Want to develop internal and external systems running on the latest versions of multiple frameworks and cloud infrastructures?
TownsWeb Archiving Limited (TWA) are looking for an experienced Laravel Developer to join their growing software development team. Based at the head office close to major travel networks in Kettering, Northamptonshire, the right candidate will have a passion for their work and enjoy working with varied clients across the heritage and business sector
- Software development, focused on our cloud-based media management & delivery platform PastView
- Responding to new technical requirements from our imaging studio.
- Assisting the Team Lead in the planning and fulfilment of software & web projects.
- Bringing new ideas and technologies to the team.
- Communicating with other departments (such as sales, marketing or management), to plan, schedule and report on projects.
- Coordinating team resource requirements with the Team Lead to help with the project planning and execution process.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of 4 year’s relevant experience (MANDATORY)
- PHP 7+ (MANDATORY)
- SQL databases (MANDATORY)
- PHP frameworks – ideally Laravel, alternatively Symfony, Slim or Zend although other modern framework experience will be considered (MANDATORY)
- Code versioning – e.g. Git (MANDATORY)
- Modern IDE usage (MANDATORY)
- Templating engines – ideally Twig
- Vue or other front-end frameworks
- jQuery / AJAX
- API consumption and provision
- Developing in both Windows & Linux environments
- Cloud infrastructure, e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud
- Linux Server provision & administration
- Comfortable using the command line for management and access
- Web apps – e.g. WordPress, OpenCart or Drupal
- Hosting platforms, e.g. WHM, CPanel etc.
- Domain & DNS administration
- SEO basics
- Third party / partner software integration
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- The Cultural Heritage Sector (Museums, Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Corporate Archives)
- Digitisation & photography equipment, technology & software
- Augmented Reality (AR) & machine learning technologies
Candidate profile – are you someone who
- Exhibits enthusiasm, passion and excitement for their work
- Has a “can-do” attitude
- Has worked to and achieved given targets
- Learns quickly and is excited by the future of machine learning and its applications
- Has experience with:
- Managing multiple projects at any one time
- Working alongside other business departments (Sales, Marketing etc.)
- Experience of participating in team meetings and the delivery of project updates
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a willingness to see a problem through to resolution
- Commercial awareness
- Has an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Regards honesty & integrity to be incredibly important in every walk of life
- Demonstrates an ability to build trust and maintain confidence
- Will proactively bring new ideas to the company
- Is willing to occasionally travel for client meetings (own transport a benefit)
- Has high standards and expects both personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best
Whilst it is important that the person in this role be fully integrated into our company culture, flexible working is open to negotiation for the right candidate.
- 21 days annual leave (increasing with service) plus bank holidays
- Additional day-off for your birthday (2019 trial)
- Pension scheme
- Fun working environment – including monthly competitions/games, Summer corporate day and Christmas Party
- Continued professional development (some Dev Team members visit the AWS Summit in London each year, all members have full access to codecourse.com)
- Working with blue-chip clients such as Cadbury, Liverpool Football Club, Bank of England, BBC, Thomas Cook, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage, Royal Doulton as well as many Military and Local Authority clients
Full time role – Competitive salary based on experience
Submit all applications via email to [email protected].