Careers with TownsWeb Archiving
TownsWeb Archiving is one of the UK’s top digital archiving companies specialising in the niche cultural heritage sector. As an established and well-regarded company, we have grown our customer base significantly over recent years through investment in new technology and an offering of innovative heritage services that is unrivalled.
TWA’s reputation of providing the highest quality service and trust ensures that our clients are varied and include some of the most recognised names and brands across corporate archives, galleries, libraries, archives and museums found anywhere in the world.
As a company, we can boast such clients as Liverpool Football Club, Thomas Cook, Cadbury’s, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage, Royal Doulton and also many Military and Local Authority clients.
The company also offers an innovative and bespoke web platform aimed at one of the UK’s biggest and most significant industries, offering a vast range of exciting features such as Virtual Reality Tours and our very own BookExplorer feature, replicating the ‘real feel’ of books that readers and researchers love, to read and turn pages of their digital content.
We are currently looking for people to fill the following openings:
Read on below to find out more about the role available and for details of how to apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES:
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to this.
Want to use your experience of Laravel in a business environment to take your career to the next stage?
Want to investigate and incorporate machine learning and augmented reality in real-world cloud and web-applications?
Want to develop internal and external systems running on the latest versions of multiple frameworks and cloud infrastructures?
TownsWeb Archiving Limited (TWA) are looking for an experienced Laravel Developer to join their growing software development team, initially remotely and with ongoing remote work an option for review. Based at the head office close to major travel networks in Kettering, Northamptonshire, the right candidate will have a passion for their work and enjoy working with varied clients across the heritage and business sector.
- Software development, focused on our cloud-based media management & delivery platform PastView
- Assisting the Team Lead in the planning and fulfilment of software & web projects.
- Bringing new ideas and technologies to the team.
- Communicating with other departments (such as sales, marketing or management), to plan, schedule and report on projects.
- Coordinating team resource requirements with the Team Lead to help with the project planning and execution process.
Candidate ProfileEssential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years commercial PHP experience
- Strong comprehension of OOP design patterns
- Minimum 2 years commercial Laravel experience
- Inter-team communication & task scheduling
- Commercial experience with:
- Database architecture
- PHP templating
- Linux (provision & administration)
- Front-end development experience
- Experience with:
- Cloud architecture
- Unit testing
- Search architecture
- Multi-tenancy SaaS
- API provision and consumption
- Domain & DNS administration
- Has worked to and achieved given targets
- Has experience with:
- Managing multiple projects at any one time
- Working alongside other business departments (Sales, Marketing etc.)
- Experience of participating in team meetings and the delivery of project updates
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a willingness to see a problem through to resolution
- Commercial awareness
- Has high standards and expects both personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Regard honesty & integrity to be incredibly important in every walk of life and demonstrates an ability to build trust and maintain confidence
- Exhibits enthusiasm, passion and excitement over their work and has a “can do” attitude
- Will proactively bring new ideas to the company
- Is willing to travel occasionally, to meet with clients – a full UK driving license is required (preferably clean). There will be use of a company pool car.
- Knowledge of:
- The Cultural Heritage Sector (Museums, Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Corporate Archives)
- Digitisation & photography equipment, concepts & services
- VR & machine learning technologies
Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday although a willingness to work overtime is also required. You will be entitled to 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the positions at TownsWeb Archiving Ltd then please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating:
- Why you feel you are suitable for this position based on the Candidate Profile above.
- Reasons for any ‘missing periods’ on your CV
- Your current notice period
- Your availability for interview
For any questions regarding the position please contact send them via email to [email protected].
Submit all applications (CV & Covering letter) via email to [email protected].