Business Development Manager – Kettering
Are you an experienced business development manager looking to combine interests of history and technology?
|Salary||£35,000 – £50,000 DOE|
|Bonus||Profit Sharing Scheme|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Annual Leave||21 days plus bank holidays (increasing for years’ service)|
Would you like to join a dynamic and fast-paced team working with archive collections and software development solutions? If so, we’re searching for a Business Development Manager to join our sales team.
An exciting opportunity to head up our sales and marketing team working across the UK with industry, cultural and government organisations to protect and showcase their heritage. From scanning and safeguarding to data capture, our vision is to ensure that archival collections can thrive in a digital world.
Our esteemed, blue-chip clients include the likes of Boots, Arsenal FC, Diageo, Bank of England, Ministry of Defence, Unilever, Marks & Spencer, Sandhurst Military Academy, and National Museums of Scotland. We’ve also worked with several celebrity archives including the recent 40th anniversary Netflix documentary – Wham!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Working closely with our Chief Operating Officer and other key stakeholders to leverage market and customer intelligence to exceed objectives. You’ll expand our company’s current markets by researching markets, identifying new business opportunities and creating and implementing a sales strategy and tactical plans for the UK, meeting or exceeding targets.
You’ll demonstrate in-depth knowledge of our products and your customer base to develop the sales pipeline, with an emphasis on accuracy, data analysis and excellent prioritisation.
Furthermore, you’ll maintain excellent relationships with existing customer organisations, building long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders in support of negotiating and closing business. You’ll facilitate building new and developing customer relationships to continue to grow the customer base and thereafter increase company turnover and profit margins working to specific targets.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- To be a strong motivator and team player with the ability to build effective relationships both internally and within a B2B environment
- Be well organised, with good prioritisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills, an ability to multitask and be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have excellent strategic decision-making skills
- Demonstrable success in a sales role, reaching targets, pitching, demonstrating, presenting and negotiating large and complex deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with CRM systems (Salesforce/HubSpot) along with solid IT skills and knowledge of necessary software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other statistical analysis software
- Commercial awareness and a strong financial understanding, including the ability to create sales forecasts and actively working towards reaching them
- Excellent consultative sales and networking skills, including the attendance at conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends
- Flexibility to travel 20-30% of the time (UK with options for overseas).
TownsWeb Archiving have been working closely with the cultural heritage sector for over a decade. Our employees are driven to implement positive change in all they do from our core values. Our customers are supportive to our processes and value our experience, trust and innovations. We have built a reputation to provide the highest quality service whilst trust being integral. Our people, values and vision ensures that our clients are some of the most recognised names and brands across private, public and government archives.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER IN RETURN
An opportunity to work with global brands, travel throughout the UK and overseas. Working with a leading supplier within the cultural heritage sector to deliver unique solutions. Working in a spacious and light converted barn with a passionate and fun team.
An agile working style with flexibility offered (we use Slack and HubSpot). Volunteering days, company social days and team building activities. Personal development opportunities, training and expo budgets with a real opportunity to personally grow within an emerging tech company.
This role will also offer:
- A competitive salary with reviews every year with profit sharing bonus on top
- 21 days’ annual leave incrementally increasing to 25 days
- Opportunities for career growth with training days and a tailored development plan. We take great pride in upskilling and promoting our employees
- Pension scheme with a 3% employer contribution
- Working within an innovative, fast-paced, fun team environment, whilst enjoying your work and being rewarded for it
- A social company environment and a range of group activities – including volunteering opportunities, social events and endless coffee, tea and biscuits.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in working with TownsWeb Archiving Ltd then please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating:
- Why you feel you are suitable for this position, based on the Candidate Profile (above).
- Your current notice period
- Your availability for an initial interview.
Please submit your CV using the form below. For any questions, email [email protected], referencing Business Development Manager within the subject line.